Thursday, July 28, 2011

What's in my MAC box?

My MAC box came today! YAY! I love seeing those little black boxes waiting for me on my front porch. Today however I happened to be home when it was delivered and I saw the UPS man walk up about 4 feet from my porch and just chuck the box up there. Thankfully nothing was broken, but seriously how much longer would it have taken him to walk the 4 feet and place the box on my porch?
Anyways rant over. Let's see what I ordered! I've been wanting some more neutral shades of eyeshadow from MAC so I placed an order for quite a few.

L-R: Hush, Blanc Type, Era, Patina, Charcoal Brown, Electra, Copperplate


Keep reading for swatches!



Hush is a lot more pink than the website described it as. So I've actually placed this in my colors palette instead of my neutrals palette. It's a really pretty color however and will look nice as a highlight or an allover lid color. It has a frost finish.


Blanc Type is a beige white color. It's also a good highlight color and can be used to blend out the edges of your crease color. It has a Matte2 finish.

Era is a beautiful light brown shade with a slight gold sheen to it. It would look great as an allover lid look or could be used in the crease with a lighter shade on the lid. It has a satin finish.


Patina is a brown taupe mix that has a lot of a golden sheen to it. I'm super excited to wear this as an allover lid look today. It has a frost finish. 
Charcoal Brown is darker taupe brown mix. It would be a great crease shade or could be used in the outer corner to darker up a look. It has a matte finish.
Electra is a silver shade with a touch of blue in it. This would look great allover the lid and I think it would pair beautifully with Parisian Skies from the Blogger's Obsession collection. It has a frost finish.


Copperplate is a gray with a slight hint of brown to it. Next to browns it looks gray but next to grays it looks brown. For this reason I think that it will pair well with brown and gray looks. I would use this a crease shade. It has a Matte2 finish.

So that's my entire haul. I hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment