Sunday, September 4, 2011

August Faves

I can't believe it's already September! I feel like August flew by! Although I'm not complaining as fall is my favorite season. I can't wait for the beautiful colors of the changing leaves, bonfires, and Friday night football games.
So since August is over that means it's time for August favorites! If you don't know what monthly favorites are, basically you share the products that you really enjoyed using over the previous month. Typically people post their favorites at the end of the month or the beginning of the next month.
If you'd like to know what I enjoyed using throughout August keep reading!

The first product is the Milani Liquif'eye eyeliner pencil in the color Black. This is the creamiest eyeliner I've ever used! It glides on like a dream and last surprisingly long on my lower lash line. I get a full 10 hour wear out of this with no visible signs of smudging. This can be found at drugstores and prices will vary by region. I found mine at CVS for $7.99.


The next product is the Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder in the shade 125 Buff Beige. I use this product to set my foundation. My face tends to not get oily through out the day so I can't comment on how long it will keep your face matte. It doesn't provide much coverage but works okay for setting liquid foundation. It's a so-so product and I probably won't repurchase this as I prefer the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. The Covergirl powder can be found at drugstores and prices will vary by region. I found mine at Wal-Mart for around $4.99.


Era by MAC is an amazing eyeshadow! It pairs perfectly with every color I've tried. I also love wearing this on its own all over my lid. This month I've alternated wearing it on its own or wearing it on my lid with Charcoal Brown (below) in my crease. It has a frost finish and is available at MAC stores or their website for $11.50. 

I have been pretty lazy when it comes to eyeshadow this month. If I wasn't wearing one of the two shadows mentioned in this post then I probably wasn't wearing any eyeshadow. This shade is Charcoal Brown by MAC. It has a matte finish and pretty good color payoff. For a sheer wash of color I would swipe this all over my lids and if I wanted to take a little more time I would use this in my crease with Era (above) on my lid. This color can be found at MAC stores or their website and it costs $11.50.


This next product you either love or hate. I'm talking about Maybelline's The Falsies Mascara in Black Drama. When I first bought it I was in the latter but now I love it! When I bought it the formula was too wet. But after using it for two or three weeks the formula has dried a bit and it adds mega volume. The first time I used it it made all my lashes clump together in a big mess so I would only use it on top of another mascara to add fullness. Now I use it on it's own and get lots of compliments on it. This product can be found at drugstores and prices will vary by region. I found mine at Dollar General and it cost me $6.50.

 This month I finally purchased an item I've been eyeing for at least 7 months! Every time I would go to a store that sold Vera Wang Princess perfume I would spray myself with it and think for the rest of the day that it was the best smelling scent I've ever used. I always told myself I didn't need it and that I could wait, but this month I finally caved and bought the 1 oz. size. When I first spray it it smells very powdery, but after it reacts with my skin it smells floraly and fruity with a hint of sweetness. It's a youthful scent that's perfect for daytime. If you've never smelled this you need to! It will change your life, I promise you. (Well, maybe that's being a little dramatic.) This can be bought at most department stores and the price will depend on what size bottle you purchase. I bought the 1 oz. size for $45 from Sephora.

On my nails this month I worn either this color or just a clear nail treatment. This is Wet n Wild Wild Shine nail polish in Red Red. It's a bright almost neon red creme nail color. It goes on opaque in two coats. It's available at  drugstores and prices will vary by region. I found mine at Wal-Mart for $0.97.

Before I bought Vera Wang Princess in the latter half of this month, I was wearing this everyday. This is a body mist from Bath and Body Works in the scent Secret Wonderland. This scent it very fruity with a hint of floral. It's a daytime/early evening scent. It's a more youthful scent and the smell lingers on me for about 4 hours, which I consider average wear time for a body mist. This scent is available in a wide range of  products from B&BW and the prices will vary depending on what item you get and the size of the item. The body mist comes in two different sizes and I purchased the 3 oz. size for $5. You can purchase this at Bath and Body Works stores or on their website.

Rimmel Stay Matte foundation is a product that I've had for around a year now but had forgotten about until a month ago. It somehow got pushed to the back of my makeup drawer but when I started using it again this month, I fell in love with it all over again. It provides medium to full coverage on my acne and acne scars. I have minimal active breakouts but a good amount of scarring and this pretty much completely covers all of it. I'm in the shade 200 Soft Beige. This can be found at drugstores and the price will vary by region. I found mine at Wal-Mart for $6.59.

For some strange reason, when I tan my face is around two shades lighter than the rest of my body. So lately I've been using my New York Color bronzer in the shade Sunny. This is a matte bronzer that isn't too dark but not too orangey either. I normally use this for a light dusting all over my face to match the color of it closer to the color of the rest of my body. If I'm in the mood to spend a little extra time on my makeup I will use this as a contour color as well. This is available at drugstores and the price will vary per region. I found mine at Target for around $3.


The final product of my monthly favorites is an E.L.F. Studio Blush in the shade Tickled Pink. This blush is a light pink with a hint of coral to it. It looks great with a tan and I think that this will be one of those blushes that is great to use year round. It's very pigmented for a drugstore blush and the packaging reminds me of the NARS blushes. This can be found at Target or the E.L.F. website and costs $3.

So those were my monthly favorites. Sorry for the long break in between posts. I've been trying to adjust to school and getting into a regular routine again. I'm going to try to post more regularly though! Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment