Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mac Semi Precious Haul!

About a week and a half ago I ordered a few things from the new Mac collection Semi-Precious. Today I decided to show the goodies I picked up! I ordered Gem of Roses lipstick, and all four of the mineralize skin finishes.


Gem of Roses lipstick is my favorite lipstick that I've ever purchased. It's a mid tone strawberry pink and a very wearable everyday color. It's my natural lip color but better. It has a lustre finish but is pretty pigmented for being a lustre. I have worn this lipstick almost everyday since I got it, and I loved it so much that I decided to name my blog after it!



Next I got Semi Precious Goldstone mineralize skin finish. These MSFs are different than any previously released MSFs as they have an outer ring base color and an inner circle that is mixed with three-four different colors. Goldstone has an outer ring of bronze and an inner ring of coral, gold, and white. I like wearing this with both the outer and inner part swirled together as a blush. I have to use a light hand when I use it as a blush or I'll have super bronzed cheeks. The outer part alone is great as an all over bronzer and the inner part alone is a beautiful light blush. This winter when my tan fades I will most likely use it swirled together as a bronzer instead of a blush.





When I saw the very first promo image of this collection, even before swatches or reviews, I knew that Semi Precious Rose Quartz would be mine. It has an outer ring of a mid tone rosy pink and an inner circle of silver, lime, white pink, and copper. This is my favorite of the MSFs I picked up with this collection. I use this swirled together as a blush. Of the four MSFs in this collection this one looks the most like a blush. It's currently sold out on the Mac website but if you have a store or a counter near you, run and get this if it's still available. It's gorgeous!



Semi Precious Crystal Pink is the only of the four in this collection that I use just as a highlighter. When I swirl all of the colors together it still gives me more of a glowy effect rather than a flushed look. This MSF has an outer ring of a pink champagne color and an inner circle of pink, dirty green, and bronze. Mine doesn't have any green on the inner part which I'm a little bummed about. It gives a really nice highlight affect, but it is my least favorite of the MSFs in this collection.




Lastly I picked up Semi Precious Pearl. It has an outer ring of a beige champagne color and an inner ring of white, burgundy, and bronze. It use this one swirled together as a blush. It looks really nice against my tan, but like Goldstone, I don't know how good it will look in the winter when I'm paler. This is my second favorite of the MSFs in Semi Precious, and unfortunately is also sold out on the website. It's a really beautiful MSF but it's not worth tracking down on eBay.





All in all I'm quite pleased with what I picked up from this collection. I'm an MSF collector so even if the ones in this collection would have been terrible, I would have still picked them all up. If I could only recommend one thing from this collection it would hands down be Gem of Roses. You need that lipstick in your life! What did you guys pick up from Semi Precious? Anything? Let me know! Thanks for reading and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment