Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dupe Alert!

Earlier today I was playing around with my Covergirl Tropical Fusion quad (review coming soon) and I noticed that the green/teal shade in it looked very similar to another color I own. So I swatched the colors side by side and noticed that they were almost an exact dupe!

Left to right: MAC Jealousy Wakes, Covergirl Tropical Fusion teal shade, MAC Surf Usa

As you can tell from the picture, the Covergirl shade and Surf Usa are almost the exact same color. Surf Usa has more pigmentation, but if you weren't able to get your hands on that shade, I think that the Covergirl shade would fulfill your lemming. The price of the Covergirl one is nice too! The quad cost me $4.50 while the MAC shade was $15.50 since it was in special packaging.

And just for fun I swatched Jealousy Wakes next to it. As you can tell Jealousy Wakes is a lot more green than teal.

Left to right: MAC Jealousy Wakes, Covergirl Tropical Fusion teal shade, MAC Surf Usa

The MAC eyeshadows do come with more product in them, but unless you wear teals everyday, I don't think that the size difference is an important factor.

 What do you guys think? Do you prefer the MAC shade or the Covergirl one?

No comments:

Post a Comment