Monday, July 18, 2011

My Mac Neutrals Palette

Typically when I want to wear eyeshadow, I use mainly neutral shades. Of course my favorite eyeshadows are from MAC. They have a great variety of textures and finishes, and a huge range of colors.

Top row: Femme Fi, Mulled Cider
Middle row: All that Glitters, Satin Taupe, Hocus Pocus
Bottom row: Glamour Check!, Smoke and Diamonds, Groundcover


Keep reading to see swatches of all the colors as well as close ups of each individual color!


The first shade is Femme Fi. It has a veluxe pearl finish, which is my favorite. It's a wonderful highlight shade and I sometimes wear it all over the lid. It's buttery smooth to apply and has amazing payoff. This shadow was part of an LE collection so it's not currently available from MAC.


This next shade is All that Glitters. This was the first item I ever purchased from MAC and thus began my addiction. This also has a veluxe pearl finish and is a great color to wear all over the lid. It's honestly my favorite eyeshadow that I own because it pairs wonderfully with almost any colors. This color is part of the permanent range.


Glamour Check is one of those shadows that when you swatch it, it almost feels like a cream. It has a Starflash finish and is super smooth and has the best payoff of any of the other shadows in this palette. It's a gorgeous shade to wear in the crease or use as eyeliner. This shadow was part of an LE collection so it's not currently available.


Mulled Cider is my second favorite eyeshadow from MAC which might be surprising given the swatch photo. When I swatch it on my skin it shows up very sheer and barely visible, but when I put it in my crease, it darkens up any look beautifully. It has a satin finish and was part of an LE collection so it's not currently available.


Satin Taupe is a color that most beauty bloggers and YouTube gurus rave about. I on the other hand, don't like it at all. It makes any look that I pair it with too dark and muddy looking. I've been meaning to play around with it more so that I can find a way to make it work on me. It has a veluxe pearl finish and is currently available as part of the permanent range of eyeshadows.


Smoke and Diamonds is another Starflash eyeshadow. It also is super smooth and has great payoff. I love using this when I want to wear a smokey eye. This was part of an LE collection and isn't currently available.


Hocus Pocus is a great shade to use when creating a dark smokey look. It is a very buildable color and blends easily. It has a satin finish and has lots of sparkle to it. This shade is part of the Blogger's Obsession collection and is currently sold out on the website, however MAC released a statement saying that they'll be restocking this and the other items. So if you like this shade keep checking the websites as it's bound to come back in stock sooner or later (although knowing MAC it'll probably be later).


The final shade in my neutrals palette is Groundcover. It is the only matte shadow I own from MAC and judging by the way this one performed, I'm not planning on buying any in the near future. This shadow has very poor color payoff and applies very patchy. It's hard to blend and is just a pain in general to work with. I honestly hardly wear this shadow but when I do I use it in my crease. This shadow was part of an LE collection and is not currently available, although I don't know why you would want to buy it.


All in all I've been pleased more times than disappointed with MAC's range of neutral colors. I only own two permanent neutral colors so I'm interested in picking up some more of the permanent shades. I hope you all enjoyed my post and thanks for reading! Have a lovely week!



No comments:

Post a Comment