Thursday, July 14, 2011

Makeup Challenge: July-December 2011

Today I was looking at the color stories for all of the upcoming fall collections and was thinking about how much I wanted. Then I thought about how much makeup and other body products I have that I don't use anymore. So I started a challenge for myself, somewhat similar to a Project Pan, but easier since I don't have a huge makeup collection.
The challenge I set for myself is to completely use up 15 products by December 31st, 2011. If I don't finish the products by then, I won't allow myself to purchase anymore makeup or body products until I finish what's left of the 15.
To find out what the 15 products are keep reading!


1. Up & Up Eye Makeup Remover
I've had this bottle of remover for about a year now and only have around 20% remaining. I don't find myself reaching for this very often now that I've discovered my beloved Clean & Clear Makeup Wipes. I think I could have this finished off by the middle of August.


2. Clean & Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub
This used to be my holy grail facial scrub, but for a while now I haven't been using a scrub on my face. I've used this the past 2 times I've taken a shower and I'm in love with it all over again. I only have about 5 more uses left so I'll finish this one off pretty quickly as well.


3. Philosophy Shower Gel "Vanilla Birthday Cake"
I got this a free birthday gift for being a Sephora Beauty Insider back in January and used the heck out of it for about a month. I haven't used it lately because my loofah is falling apart and I keep forgetting to buy a new one when I go to Bath and Body Works. I'll probably finish this off by the end of September since I don't use shower gel everyday and normally just use a bar of soap.


4. Loreal Voluminous Original Mascara
This is my all time favorite mascara but it's on its last leg. I don't want to throw it away because I constantly try new mascara's and I'm afraid if I throw it away I'll forget to by it again. I think I'll keep it and tape it shut so that I won't forget that it's dried out. I'm actually probably already done with this one so it might be cheating to count this as one of the 15.

5. New York Color Coverup Stick
This concealer sucks. It didn't cover up anything for me. I'm trying to use it up so that I won't have to throw it away because I don't like the idea of throwing out makeup. I could probably have this finished off by the end of August if I used it on a regular basis but I won't since I dislike it so much.


6. Covergirl TruConceal Concealer
This concealer is really old and doesn't match my skin tone at all. I bought it when I was first getting into makeup about 2 years ago and didn't take the time to match it to my skin when I was at the drugstore. It's far to pink for me and the only way I can make this work is if I use a tiny amount and then use a full coverage foundation over the top of it. It'll be tough, but I think I can finish it by December.


7. Maybelline One-by-One Mascara
I dislike this mascara because it doesn't make my lashes look full it only makes them look slightly longer. I already have long lashes, they just aren't full so I want my mascara to add lots of volume, which this doesn't. I purchased this mascara fairly recently so it'll most likely last me until the end of October.


8. Urban Decay Primer Potion
I have two of these. The one I want to use up is in the original formulation and the other one is in the shade Eden. This one is starting to dry up so I started using Eden but I'm only going to use this one until I can't use it anymore. This will be a stretch also, but I think I could finish it off by the end of December.


9. Maybelline Line Stylist Eyeliner in "Onyx"
Ever since I discovered my beloved Wet n Wild gel liner, I've hardly touched any of my pencil liners. I have several so I wanted to use them up. I like this liner because it allows me to draw a really precise line, but it doesn't last nearly as long as my gel liner does. I think I could have this finished off by the middle of September since I have other liners I'm wanting to use up as well.


10. Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in "Espresso"
I like this liner because it's really creamy, but by the end of the day it's almost totally gone and  looks like I didn't apply a liner at all. Like I said above, this doesn't compare to my Wet n Wild liner so I'm wanting to get rid of this. I only have a few uses left of this one so I think I'll have this finished off by the end of the month.


11. Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in "Charcoal"
Pretty much the same thoughts on this one as the one above. Doesn't last all day and not as good as gel liner. I have quite a bit left in this one so I think that this one will last me until October.


12. Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation in "Soft Beige"
I recently rediscovered just how much I love this foundation, but it's getting kind of old so I want to use it up before it goes bad. I have quite a bit left so I'm hoping I can use this up by October. Once it gets into November and December this foundation will be too dark for me.


13. Victoria's Secret Body Butter in "Luscious Kisses"
I like this body butter but I'm not a huge fan of the scent. It's too strong and I have tons of other lotions so I wanted to get rid of this one. I have probably around 75% left but I use lotion almost every night so I think that I could have this finished off by September but I probably won't be done with it until November.


14. Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder in "Buff Beige"
This used to be my holy grail powder until I discovered the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder. I still like this powder, but the scent of it is quite strong and tends to give me a headache if I hold the compact too close to my face. I have quite a bit left but since I use pressed powder everyday I think that I could have it finished by September.


15. Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in "Light Cream"
I really like the matte finish that this powder gives me, however it's too light for my skin tone. I have to make sure I use bronzer  over this to balance it out. I will repurchase this once I use this one up, but I'll have to remember to buy it in a shade darker. Since I have two pressed powders I want to use up, I think I could have this finished by the middle of November.


Overall I think that I have a good mix of products that I'm wanting to use up. Most of it should be pretty easy to use up by the end of the year with the exception of a few items. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment