Thursday, December 29, 2011

Makeup Challenge Update!

Back in July of this year I gave myself a challenge that was similar to a Project 10 Pan. I set aside 15 specific makeup and body products that I wanted to have finished by the end of this year. I also decided that if I didn't have them used up by the end of the year, I would not allow myself to buy makeup until they were used up. Since the end of the year is only two days away I thought that I would update you all on how successful this challenge was for me.

1. Up & Up Eye Makeup Remover

I hate to say it, but I failed on the very first one. I still have some of this left. On the plus side though, I only have about a weeks worth left.

Keep reading to see if I was more successful with the rest of my challenge!


2. Clean and Clear Blackhead Eraser Scrub
Again, I haven't finished this one off yet, but it's at the tail end of it's life because I have to squeeze pretty hard to get anymore product out. After a few more uses I may just deem this as finished.

3. Philosphy 3-in-1 Shower Gel in Birthday Cake

Once again, another fail. But keep reading because I promise I didn't fail on all of them! Anyways, I've started using this as my shampoo and shower gel so this should be finished up pretty quickly.

4. L'oreal Voluminous Original Mascara
Finally a product I didn't fail at! I finished this off somewhere around early October. This is my favorite mascara and since finishing off this tube, I've bought another one that I'm currently using.

5. New York Color Coverup Stick
I finished this around the same time I finished off the mascara. This concealer sucked and I don't plan on repurchasing it. It didn't cover up anything and I'm glad to have finished it off.

6. Covergirl TruConceal Concealer
I've been using this concealer pretty diligently and it just seems to never run out. I'm going to deem this done once I finish off the last product of this challenge. I'll continue to use it on a daily basis until this challenge is over, but after that I'll toss it. I've had it for so long that I'm afraid it's starting to go bad.

7. Maybelliene One-By-One Mascara
I was done with this mascara somewhere around late September, early October. I disliked this mascara a lot on it's own, but it worked well when I layered mascara's that thickened my lashes over it. I won't repurchase this item.

8. Urban Decay Primer Potion
I finished this in late October. My tube had broken without me realizing it so the product was drying out. By the time I realized the tube was cracked, it had dried out significantly so I deemed it finished.

9. Maybelliene Line Stylist Eyeliner in "Onyx"
I finished this in mid-September. I don't have much to say about this other than it was your typical black drugstore eyeliner. I probably won't repurchase this since there are so many other pencil liners out there waiting for me to try.

10. Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in "Espresso"
I finished this off in November and again don't have too much to say about it. It was an okay eyeliner but nothing fantastic. Two years ago, however, I thought these were the greatest thing the makeup world had ever seen. So of course, I bought them in every color. I'm glad I used this one up so I now have one less siting in my drawer.

11. Covergirl Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in "Charcoal"
I have yet to finish this baby off. I'd say I have about a week and a half to two weeks worth left. Same thoughts on this one as the one above.

12. Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation in "True Ivory"
When I originally started this challenge, I was using the shade Soft Beige. But now that it's winter I'm in the color True Ivory. Since I used to love this foundation I already had two different shades of it so I didn't go out and buy this one just for the purpose of this challenge. This product will probably take me the longest to use up. I'd say I have anywhere from three weeks to a month's worth left.

13. Victoria's Secret Body Butter in "Luscious Kisses"
Even though I hated the scent, this is probably my favorite formulation of body butter that I've ever tried. I actually just finished this two nights ago. I'm definitely planning on repurchasing this (in a different scent) in the future once I use up some of my other lotions.

14. Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder in "Buff Beige"
I only have a little bit of this left. I think by the time my Rimmel foundation is finished up I'll be done with this too. This is a nice pressed powder, but I prefer my Maybelliene Dream Matte Powder more.

15. Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder in "Light Cream"
I took these photos two days ago and since then, some small cracks have begun to form in what's left of this powder. Once it cracks I may try to use it or I may just deem it finished, I'm not quite sure which one. I really enjoy this powder and will definitely repurchase this.


Well there you have it. 7 products finished, 8 products not finished. So it looks like I won't be buying any makeup products for another month or so. I'll update again when I completely finish all the products. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment